Friday 13 January 2012

Inspiration

"We must be willing to let go of the life that we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" E.M. Forster

Inspiration has not been coming easily lately..... I find this quote somehow comforting and try to remember that forcing things never works.

Lately I can't stop thinking about the written word embellishing objects. I see so many stunning examples of it being successfully done by other artists but somehow can't bring myself to use it in my own work. I have been free writing so much lately that I think that must be the seed of the obsession. This enamelled dish is from a company called Blowden

White, bronze enamelled dish with hand inscribed poem by one of Wales's greatest poets - T.Rowland Hughes - 'Rhyfeddod' - 'Wonderment'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment